- Ram 2500 Heavy Duty earns inaugural 2022 Canadian Black Book Best Residual Value Award for “Full Size Pickup” category
- 2022 Best Residual Value Awards recognize vehicles that are expected to hold the highest value of their original manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) 48 months after the original date of purchase
- The Ram Heavy Duty is the no-compromise benchmark for durability, extreme performance, comfort, luxury materials, innovation and technology extending well past any competitive offerings
April 27, 2022 , Windsor, Ontario – The 2022 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty has been named a winner in the inaugural 2022 Canadian Black Book Best Residual Value Awards for the “Full Size Pickup” category.
The 2022 Best Residual Value Awards recognize vehicles that are expected to hold the highest value of their original manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) 48 months after the original date of purchase. These awards are presented in 21 categories of cars, trucks, SUVs and EVs.
“It is an honour for Canadian Black Book to present the Ram 2500 with an inaugural Best Residual Value Award,” said Yolanda Biswah, senior vice president & general manager, Canadian Black Book. “This iconic pickup lives up to its reputation and boasts the power, features and quality drivers demand, which will help maintain its value for years to come.”
The Ram Heavy Duty pickup truck line is the no-compromise benchmark for durability, extreme performance, comfort, luxury materials, innovation and technology. Standout new features and packages for 2022 include the all-new Uconnect 5 system, Ram Heavy Duty Big Horn Silver Edition and an enhanced “tow mode” now available with a digital rearview mirror, allowing the driver to see behind their trailer with a remote camera.
To qualify for a Residual Value Award, the vehicle must be on sale by January 1 and included in the January /February Canadian Black Book Residual Value guide. Value forecasts are based on 48 months of age with an annual average of 24,000 kilometres driven.
Prior to these awards, Stellantis vehicles including Jeep® Wrangler and Dodge Challenger were also named winners in Canadian Black Book’s established Best Retained Value Awards.
Ram Heavy Duty
The Ram Heavy Duty is the no-compromise benchmark for durability, extreme performance, comfort, luxury materials, innovation and technology extending well past any competitive offerings. The most powerful, most capable pickup in the segment offers a towing capacity of up to 16,828 kilograms (37,090 pounds) and a payload capacity of 3,447 kilograms (7,680 pounds). Ram was the first to achieve the 1,000 lb.-ft. of torque milestone with the Cummins I-6 Turbo Diesel, now rated at a best-in-class 1,075 lb.-ft. of torque. Class-leading ride and handling is accomplished via a class-exclusive link-coil rear (2500) suspension system with optional rear air suspension (2500 and 3500). The Ram Heavy Duty relentlessly gives maximum effort with the segment’s most capability, refinement and operator comfort features.
Canadian Black Book
For over 60 years, Canadian Black Book has been the trusted and unbiased Canadian automotive industry source for vehicle values. Today the company has grown into a leading data provider of vehicle valuations, residual value forecast solutions and VIN decoding. Canadian Black Book tools and information are considered ‘The Authority’ for vehicle values not only by car dealers and manufacturers, but also the leasing, finance, insurance and wholesale sectors. Canadian Black Book is bringing to market its Enhance Vehicle Matching (EVM) solution, which will allow the industry to more consistently decode 17-digit VINs down to a specific trim package allowing a more precise vehicle valuation.
Ram Truck Brand
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks, the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab, ProMaster and ProMaster City, the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram is the number one brand in new vehicle quality and is the only truck-exclusive brand to ever finish first in J.D. Power’s Initial Quality Study (2021) in the U.S., which tracks new vehicle performance over the first three months of ownership. In the same study, Ram Heavy Duty models also scored best, making Ram the number-one truck brand in new vehicle quality among large heavy-duty pickups.
In addition, the latest J.D. Power APEAL study – which rates the emotional bond between customers and their vehicles – named the 2021 Ram 1500 as the best vehicle in the large light-duty pickup category. This marks the second straight year Ram 1500 has received top honours.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmarks for:
- 1,075 lb.-ft. of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Towing capacity of 16,828 kg (37,090 lbs.) with Ram 3500
- Segment first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Payload of 3,447 kg (7,680 lbs.) with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Ram 1500, North America’s most powerful half-ton diesel pickup with 480 lb.-ft. of torque, achieves an unsurpassed 7.1L/100km highway and delivers over 1,600 kilometres of range on a single tank of fuel
- Ram 1500 TRX is the quickest, fastest and most powerful mass-produced pickup truck in the world
- Most awarded light-duty truck in North America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
Ram is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com.
Follow Ram and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://stellantismedia.ca
Ram Truck brand: http://www.ramtruck.ca/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/RamTrucksCanada and @StellantisNA
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/RamTrucksCanada/, https://www.youtube.com/StellantisNA