The pages of the calendar may have turned from 2016 to 2017, but for the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, the honors keep coming.
When Chrysler unveiled the entirely redesigned minivan last year, the automotive press and others bestowed the vehicle with 30 honors in 2016. This made it the most awarded minivan of the year.
Just a few days into the New Year, the minivan continues to receive recognition. Automotive journalists from the United States and Canada named the Chrysler Pacifica the 2017 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year.
“When we first introduced the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica just one year ago, we believed that we had created the perfect formula for today’s busy families,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car Brands, Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and Fiat, FCA – North America, after receiving the honor. “But it’s the recognition from our customers and respected opinion leaders like the NACTOY jury that helps to reinforce Pacifica’s status in the marketplace as the no-compromises minivan, and highlights what a great job the entire team has done in developing, building and selling the all-new Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid.”
Three months into 2017 and the Pacifica continues its reign as the most awarded minivan of year with 12 awards, including the Utility Vehicle of the Year.
Here are awards the Pacifica has won this year: (With links to stories, blogs and releases about the wards)
– Automotive journalists from the United States and Canada (NACTOY): 2017 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year
– CNET Roadshow Shift Awards: Cabin Technology of the Year
– Cars.com 2017 Best of Awards: Best of 2017 Award
– Detroit News Reader’s Choice competition: Best Road-Trip Ride
– Detroit News Reader’s Choice competition: Best Family Fun Finder
– U.S. News & World Report: Best Minivan for the Money
– The Detroit News: Vehicle of the Year
– Chicago News Annual Auto Edition Awards: Best Family Vehicle
– The Current News in Northwest Washington, D.C.: Best For Northwest 2017 winner in Minivan category
– MotorWeek: 2017 MotorWeek Drivers’ Choice Award for Best Minivan
– Midwest Automotive Media Association (MAMA): 2017 Family Vehicle of the Year
– Kelley Blue Book: 12 Best Family Cars of 2017 in Best Minivans for Families category
“There’s a lot to love about the 2017 Pacifica – Chrysler’s new-generation ‘family mover,'” said John Davis, creator and host of MotorWeek. “The ride and handling are much improved; the cabin is a lot quieter and the seats more comfortable. Even the operation of their exclusive Stow ‘n Go seating has been made easier. Then there is technology candy from the 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen, the Uconnect Theater for rear occupants, and a host of state-of-the-art safety and convenience features, including surround view cameras, parking assistance and automatic emergency braking. Plus, let’s not forget the new built-in vacuum – well, it’s a veritable plethora of great reasons to own, drive and feel secure in this new-age Pacifica.”
As the days and months continue to pass in 2017, follow the FCA’s Facebook page and Twitter account for the latest awards received by the Chrysler Pacifica.